Thursday, August 25, 2005

YELLOW!


Tonight was Open House/Orientation at the Goose's school. As you can see, the theme was yellow. Here he is waving at the camera just like a model.

We got to hang out with his classmates, their parents, and his teacher, Miss Sarah. Unfortunately, Warren, Goose's 30-pound, 10-month old playmate wasn't there. Warren's mom was commenting on how cute Goose's jeans were and I said, "Oh my goodness, they're so old! I think they're a size six months." She replied that she has trouble squeezing Warren's behind into a 2T even though he had "slimmed up" some. Wow.

As soon as we got to his classroom, JEB bolted out of my arms and made a beeline for this gigantic teddy bear. Miss Sarah said that he had played with it all day in class yesterday. Hmmmm ... wonder what's on his birthday wish list besides bigger jeans???

Come to find out, Miss Sarah takes classes at the community college where I teach. She's studying photography. She didn't get around to asking me for my permission to use The Goose as a model although I know it was on the tip of her tongue just before she saw that little Terry (15 months) had shredded an entire box of tissues while all the parents stood around totally OBLIVIOUS and yik yakking about sleep patterns and poop and who's walking. Poor Miss Sarah. Then she had to give her speech about what a joy it was to have us all there (which no one heard because little Terry was SCREAMING bloody murder about the tissue box being taken away), so really, she just didn't have time to ask about the photo shoot. I'm sure she would've though.

Then we went down to the Fellowship Hall (the school is in a church) where there was a smorgasbord of sugar-enhanced snacks and a representative from a financial planning company (not sure how she fits in, because little Terry was STILL screaming and I couldn't hear the program director's speech). Goose and I had some snacks and headed home.

Tomorrow he has to go with me to NSCC to sign my contract and pick up my textbooks. Pray.

No comments:

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...